4002-PDF Pilots' Almanac PDF $39.99
The vocation of pilot is a perfect career for roleplaying. It provides an excellent and natural rationale for travel, exploration, and adventure. With this module, it becomes possible for PCs to go to sea and follow a career as pilot, pirate, or maritime trader. Of course, the distinctions between these occupations may be academic, since many PCs will dabble in all three.
This module, a republishing of the 1988 classic, contains the following sections:
- Pilot (16 pages): Pilots' Guild, vessel profile, piloting routine
- Crew (10): Seamen's Guild, crew positions, crewing a vessel, life at sea, law at sea, crew list, crew routines, crew fatigue
- Shipwright (12): Shipwrights' Guild, shipyards, ships (data on 12 types of ship), shipbuilding
- Maritime Trade (6): Trade goods, maritime trade routine, buying and selling cargoes, longshore operations, port encounters, cargo manifest
- Port Almanac (10): data on ports of Hârn, Ivinia, Shorkyne, and Trierzon.
- Glossary of maritime terms (6)
- Maps of Hârn, Ivinia, Shorkyne, and Trierzon regions
Although these rules are designed for HârnMaster, they can be easily converted to other systems. About all that will be necessary is to convert the HârnMaster skill system to your own system. Or convert to HârnMaster; you will not regret it.